I want to do all these..
Not that i’m going to get married anytime soon….Just planning. I always watch Discovery Home and Health, David Tutera, read designer blogs, watch movies and always come across ideas and stuff liddat for parties and weddings. I always tell myself, I want to do that someday….and now, I will list them down. Just in case I need it…lols.
I mean you may think im crazy…but should I get married one day, this handbook will come in handy don’t ya think? All thought of and just a reminder lah…I mean people say this is a very important day of my life…then if we have like one year to plan, where got enuff time??? hahahaha.
Well, this is a working list:) should be changed when needed:)
- I will play Johann Pachelbel – Canon in D Major for my wedding… Hopefully Louanne will play for me! hahahahhaa…well, unless you’d wanna be one of my bridesmaids. HAHAHA. Well I only know one classical musician, so you can play for me lah. Cheap price ok?
- The walking back/out part, maybe like Hans Zimmer’s Cry…the part where it builds up…damn nice!
- Speaking of music, maybe have a live band at the dinner Anyone wanna audition for my wedding dinner? Must play all my favourite songs. Which I shall list down one day. Songs for my wedding (there are loads of wedding songs on Youtube by independant artists! Ok, now too early to start biying those songs from iTunes….)!
Some must play (I should start making a folder):
- Right Now, John Cena
- Say a little Prayer, Diana King
- Home, Michael Buble
- I do, 98 degrees
- Cinta Kita, Sheila Majid
- How do you want me to love you, 911
- Love Story, Taylor Swift
- Anyone else but you, The Mouldy Peaches/Micheal Cera&Ellen Page
- I hope you dance, Lee Ann Womack
- Dreaming of you, Selena
- Star, Bryan Adams
- Hans Zimmer’s The Holiday soundtrack (How could I forget this!)
Do send me recommendations!
- From Friends’ Chandler and Monica’s wedding, I saw how they had disposable camera on each table for the people to take wacky pictures of themselves. I want a disposable camera on each table too:)
- Contrary to how usual Malaysian weddings are, where they just sit, I will ensure that i have place cards for seating with names and seat people who RSVP, so that my guests won’t have to like sit in awkward moments with strangers that they don’t know.
- Of course, I must have cupcakes for my wedding. White ones, swirly maybe with colourful (depending on the theme maybe) sprinkles. Well design wise, can be changed lahh. But, I need to have cupcakes along with my 5 tier wedding cake. It has to be like so nicely done. If its too expansive, I shall make my own 😀 (budget!)
- Owh, I want my flower girls (if any) to carry cupcake crystal bags (From Sex and the City Movie!). so cute! My flower girls don’t need to throw flowers, maybe confettis! hahahaha!
- My hair will not be in a bun, please remind self NOT to tie hair in bun! hahaha. Maybe just leave it as it is.
- I want it to be outdoors like in a beach :), but then again, we live in Malaysia and I’m catholic…so have to marry inside the church lah. Maybe add fake plants and flowers everywhere to make it look outdoorsy! lols
- I also want like a lot of photogs taking photos.
- Wedding Dress….still haven’t decided. Maybe like a decent one fro church and a slutty one for the dinner. HAHAHAA. Hopefully I will be size 10/12 by then so that I don’t look too fat?
- My friends all should wear tasteful formalish/summerish/dresses. Dress Code: Bright colours/flowery prints. 😀 flowy and really awesome dresses! hehe. Men, wear black tie suit! but then again, once again, we’re living in Malaysia…
- Wedding theme colours? Pink or Green. or both. Pink and green does well no? Or maybe just colourful, as that would be so me. Like bright green, pink, blue, yellow, those kinda colours: ) if it matters here in Malaysia with no seasons, I would like a Summer Wedding! 😀
- Wedding invitations has to be really fun! I remember seeing a couple of design shows with great ideas! But this has to be highly dependent on the theme 😀 But whoever has addresses anymore? HAHAHA Maybe an email wedding invitation to a flash website where they get to RSVP on the website straightaway? I guess all my friends will emails right? HAHAHA
- Website: Wow, this website must like have a lot of things in it. Must be set up very early in the wedding process to document all the things, well for people who are overseas and can’t attend my wedding, can view the process…. Like RSVP system. Picture Gallery. Blog. Wedding Registry. Music recommendations from friends. What else?
- Who shall I invite for my wedding? Preferably a small sized wedding. But then again, im sure must invite all my extended families all. Ok, if you want in on my wedding, please comment! hahahahaha.
- My wedding favours won’t be like cake -_- or like sweets -_-…It has to be something that they can keep and will always remember the wedding 😀
I have a couple of ideas:
- A small bucket (like steel kind)/basket/box with loads of knick knacks in it.
- A thank you card must be included, preferably name card sized where it will include our contacts, website address where they can view pictures once they’re up.
- A “I attended Karen & husband’s name’s wedding.” stickers. lols.
- Place card holders that they can take back as a wedding favor…
- Maybe a fortune cookie?
- I know in this part of the world, wedding registry is like non existent. BUT, I will have a wishlist/Wedding Registry. on my website and people who want to buy me gifts (which is a must, thank you) can choose from. Of course, I will choose a wide range of price for those who can afford 😀 hahahaha. If not Ang Pow also can lah. Can Maybank2u to me to save Ang Pow packets. lols
- A rehearsal dinner? Well, not really practiced here in Malaysia. But I do want to have close family and friends for a dinner a few days before the wedding to just sit and chat, because you know how during weddings, you don’t really get to do much:)